view a plan
This “Get to know ME” test introduces you to your class in a clever way
5, 4, 3
Title – Get to know ME test
By – Yolunda Elam
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – 3-5
I love getting to know my students at the beginning of the year. This lesson gives them a chance to get to know too.
Begin the lesson by telling the students to take out a sheet of notebook paper and a pencil. Tell them that they are going to take their first test of the school year. This usually results with shocked faces etc. Explain to the students that no one has ever made a 100 on this test-EVER!
Proceed with asking the students questions about yourself:
1. What is my favorite color?
2. Do I like ice cream or cookies best?
3. Do I enjoy skating or walking?
4. Am I married? If yes, for how long?
5. Do I have kids? If yes, how many?
6. Where am I from?
7. Do I like cats or dogs?
8. How long have I been a teacher?
9. Do I think each of you are special?
10. Do I believe that each of you are great students?
You can create whatever type of questions. This gives the kids a chance to get to know you as well.
E-Mail Yolunda Elam !