view a plan
Students become familiar with the special characteristics of their classmates with this beginning-of-school idea
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – Special Characteristics
By – Heather Barrett
Primary Subject -Other
Secondary Subjects –
Grade Level – 1-5
This lesson plan allows students to become familiar with one another.
- Each student needs a pen and a sheet of paper.
- Teacher introduces his/ herself and describes a special characteristic that describes him/herself.
- Students interview each other, taking note of the one special characteristic, interest, hobby each student wants to be recognized for. Class interviews each other simultaneously.
- Allow students to glance over their lists after they have interviewed each student in the room.
- Instruct students to place papers face down and teacher calls out special characteristic of each student.
Goal – Class calls out the student’s name that matches the special characteristic called out by the teacher.
E-Mail Heather Barrett !