view a plan
Here’s an outline of grading yips for teachers of all grade levels
Title – Grading with Focus
By – Lesley F. Deutsch
Primary Subject – Other
Secondary Subjects – Other
Grade Level – For Teachers
- Grading with a focus On Improving Student Learning.
- Assessment, including grading, should focus on improving student learning.
- Development by clarifying Instructional objectives.
- At the beginning of the school year make it clear how you will grade, what grades will be based on (ie: tests, homework, projects) your expectations.
- Class Participation in Reporting tools.
- Devise a format for communicating to parents that will help them keep aware of class efforts and activities.
- Principles of Grading
- class participation
- use a wide variety that every student finds several areas in which to operate at his/her preferred learning mode and to achieve success. So someone that is visual could do a project and someone that is more logical could write a report.
- Avoid Grading errors
- Use present Scores
- adequately inform students
- missing work
- using grades for reward or punishment
- assigning grades contingent on improvement.
- Communicating your Intentions
E-Mail Lesley F. Deutsch !