view a plan
The “beings” created here remind students how they want to feel in the classroom
Title – Beings
By – Susan Stolley
Primary Subject – Other
Grade Level – 7
- Cut six feet lengths of paper (one for each 4-5 students) and put them on the floor.
- Have one student from each group lie down on the paper and trace around their body. Then have the student get off the paper.
- Students in the group are to write words inside the body that represent how they want to feel in the class (safe, helpful, respected etc.) Every student should have at least 3 words in the being.
- Students in the group are to write words they do not want to feel on the outside of the body (hurt, forced, ignored etc). Every student should have at least 3 words outside of the being.
- With crayons or markers have the students make the body into an adolescent by drawing clothes, shoes, hair and other decorations.
- Hang the beings on the ceiling. Use them as visual reminders how they want to feel in the classroom when there is conflict or students are not following rules.
E-Mail Susan Stolley !