view a plan
This is an idea for a class “Acts of Kindness” show-and-tell collage
4, 5, 6
Title – Acts of Kindness
By – Dr. Kathleen Wild
Primary Subject – Language Arts
Secondary Subjects -
Grade Level – 4-6
- small lined index cards
- pen or pencil
- scotch tape
- During class time, let each student fill out four cards with the acts of kindness they would like to perform.
- Tell them to write one act of kindness on each card on the lines.
- Each week, have the students perform one act of kindness. This will take a month to complete.
- The students will use the camera to show what was done or what they made for their act of kindness.
- Have the student record on the card what they actually did to help someone and then place the picture on the back of the card. Attach the picture using the scotch tape.
- At the end of the first week, have the students share what they have done to help someone. Let the students also show any pictures they may have.
- Now you can get together and make a full class collage with the cards. You can photocopy the front of the card and use the back to display the pictures for the project and attach the picture below the writings for each of the acts of kindness. Another option is to complete the monthly project, put all four cards together and then share about what each student has learned from their experience.
E-Mail Dr. Kathleen Wild !