view a plan
In this St. Patrick’s Day Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey type game, students count and learn directional words while “Filling Our Pot of Gold”
Language Arts, Math
Title – Fill Our Pot of Gold
By – Jill
Primary Subject – Math, Language Arts
Secondary Subjects –
Grade Level – Pre-School
Tape the Gold in the Pot
(Like Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Black Marker
- Laminating machine
- Child scissors
- Gold or other colored construction paper
- Make a Big Black Pot on Tagboard and Laminate.
- Have children cut out circles out of gold construction paper for coins (You could also let the children choose a different color for their coin, then you could work on color recognition). You may have to have circles already drawn for them to cut out.
- Blind fold one child at a time and twirl them 3 times or more. The rest of the class can count the twirls.
- Each child can try several times.
- Count how many coins end up in the pot.
- Talk about where the other coins end up (above, below, under, next to, etc….)
- Have fun!
E-Mail Jill !