view a plan
This is a graphic organizer that students use to research corporate companies and benefits
Title – The AFL-CIO
By – Nick Hernandez
Primary Subject – Other
Secondary Subjects – Social Studies
Grade Level – 11-12th grade
Who guarantees companies pay you top wages/salaries and provide you with Health/Welfare Insurance and retirement benefits?
How is this accomplished?
NLRB elections or voluntary recognition
post winning of the election and representation
1) research company financial history
2) Workers wages and any disparities
3) executive and management salaries
4) meet with workers /elect negotng. committee
Set up negotiation meeting with company
Meet with local labor leaders
1/2 class represents workers at the table
1/2 class represents the company
Action: Mock negotiations are conducted using a mock contract. Ratification meetings are set up to vote on the last and final offer from the company
STEP 3: What it all means at this point?
1. Union accepts and signs contract
2. Union members reject the last and final offer
What impact will this have on future of the students?
E-Mail nick hernandez !