view a plan
“The Living Rope” is a powerful idea for visually showing kids the impact of their current choices on the rest of their life
K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Title – The Living Rope
By – Kenny Kiskis
Primary Subject – Other
Secondary Subjects -
Grade Level – K-5
- To demonstrate the impact the first 18 years has on the remainder of a person’s life, ClassroomProducts.com has developed the concept of “The Living Rope”.
- Children and young adults have trouble seeing the whole picture. They don’t realize how much life remains after High School. How the decisions they make now, affect more than 75% of their life.
- To make a living rope you will need a 100 ft. rope. Simply color (wrap with colored tape, etc.) the first 18 feet, and you have your “Living Rope”. A 100 ft. rope gives the best impact, but you can use a 50 ft. rope, coloring the first 9 ft. A 25 ft. rope, coloring the first 4 Ã‚Â½ ft. A 10′ rope, coloring the first 18 inches.
- The colored portion represents the first 18 years of life. The remaining rope shows how much life remains.
- Explain to your students . . .
- Making good grades now, could provide you with a built-in swimming pool 30 feet down the rope. Now they have 70 feet to enjoy it!
- Developing a good work ethic could get you your first $1,000,000 half way down the rope. You have 50 feet left to spend that million!
- Good exercise habits your first 18 feet will make you look your best, allowing you to marry a model at 25. That gives you 75 feet to show them off!
- Becoming a person with great values, pride, and integrity will allow you to better parent your doctor, lawyer, movie star or pro athlete children the rest of your rope.
- The first 18 feet are so important, yet such a small part of the entire rope. (Life)
E-Mail Kenny Kiskis