view a plan
Learning How to Cut Out Heart Shapes
Title – Learning How to Cut Out Heart Shapes
By – Elizabeth Olson
Primary Subject – Art
Grade Level – Pre-K
To help children learn how to cut out heart shapes independently.
- Fine motor muscles worked
- Following directions
- Fold a small, square piece of construction paper (about the size of a child’s hand or a little larger) in half.
- Place the fold of the paper in the crease between the thumb and index finger of the hand not used for cutting. Place the thumb at an upward angle.
- Trace around the thumb in a 1/2 heart shape.
- Cut on line making sure not to cut along fold.
- Open and enjoy!
E-Mail Elizabeth Olson!