view a plan
Here students select food pyramid items for their balanced meal plates
P.E. & Health
Title – Balanced Meal
By – Brittany Grimes
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 1st
Materials: a worksheet with three plates (circles) on it and food pyramid chart for each student
1. Students will each be handed a food pyramid chart.
2. They will then discuss the food pyramid and how to make a balanced meal.
3. Hand them one worksheet with three plates on it so they can make a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
4. Students will complete this worksheet individually and present to the class.
5. Hand students a piece of manilla construction paper and have them draw their favorite fruit or vegetable.
6. Students will then write two sentences about why it is their favorite fruit or vegetable.
7. Call on volunteers to share.
E-Mail Brittany Grimes !