view a plan
Soccer passing drills are practiced to and within a small ring of players in this “Circle Soccer” idea
P.E. & Health
Title – Circle Soccer
By – Mary Starkweather
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 3rd
- Development of elementary ball skills
- Developing team work strategies
- one ball per group of five
- four cones
- Students get in groups of five using a 1-2-3-4-5 count off.
- Students form a small circle and try to do the following to everyone in the circle in a counter-clockwise order:
- pass a ball
- toss a ball
- kick a ball
- They perform all three of the above activities in the following manner:
- Do all three in the clockwise order
- Do all three while running in place
- Do all three while moving in a circle
- Do all three while moving across the room
- If all skills are accomplished, then two teams can attempt to score a goal through cones while still passing in a circle!
- Another variation is for the teams to hold a hoop while doing all drills.
E-Mail Mary Starkweather !