view a plan
In this Cookie Monster game, students practice their chasing and fleeing skills
P.E. & Health
K, 3, 2, 1
Title – Cookie Monster
By – Serena Fleming
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K-3
State and National Standards:
- NASPE Standard 2
- NJ Health & Wellness Standard 2.2A, 2.5
I. Instructional Objectives:
- Cognitive: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to describe what chasing and fleeing are, after performing the skills during class.
- Psychomotor: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to successful both chase and flee safely.
II. Materials – cones
- Students who may be learning disabled will receive additional instructions if needed. All questions or concerns will be addressed.
- Chasing = speed changes, quick movements/turns, eye hand coordination/control, eyes on target.
- Fleeing = speed changes, quick fakes, quick movements/turns.
V. Procedure and Time
|A. Dress Out||0||N/A|
|B. Roll Call/Announcements||2||M|
|E. Hook/Anticipatory Set/Set Induction/New Skill/CUES:|
2) Explanation & Demonstration of Skill/CUES:
b. Instruction on Management (Class Formation):
|I. Rules — Safety is the most important. Wait your turn. When your Cookie is called you run out and try to reach the cookie jar. If you are tagged, you sit in the cookie jar, until the round is finished/over.|
J. Game Situation10IA
- Cookie Monster – The students will be split into five groups. The groups will then decide what cookie they want to be, for example, an Oreo, Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal, Sugar Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie, and M & M Cookie. There will be three cookie monsters, which will switch each round, trying to tag all the cookies. Students who make it past the cookie monsters to the jar will be picked to be the new cookie monster in the next round. The round will end after all cookies have been called out and all students have had a turn. All students who are tagged go to the cookie jar, after the round is over they leave the cookie jar.
- At the end of class students will describe what chasing and fleeing is. They are to hand in their task sheet before leaving.
M. Dress Out0N/A