view a plan
“Dream Ring Mayhem” engages student’s accuracy with soccer ball punting, kicking, and dribbling
P.E. & Health
2, 3, 4
Title – Dream Ring Mayhem
By – Brandon Leftridge
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 2-4
Age – 6-9
- Soccer or Beach Ball (depending on skill level of students)
- To engage student’s accuracy with punting and kicking
- Students will be divided into several different teams, no more than four to a team at most.
- There will be several hoops or dream rings laid down at one half of the gym.
- Beginning at the foul line, students must attempt to kick or punt a soccer or beach ball into one of the several dream rings according to their skill level.
- If the students make the kick or punt on the first try they have the opportunity to kick or punt the ball into a vertical hoop, which will be strung from the wall for extra points.
- After each successful kick or punt into a hoop, students must step back to the next line on the gymnasium floor to kick or punt their next shot.
- If the corresponding student on the opposing team makes the punt before the other student, they are then temporarily eliminated from the game.
- During the time in which they are eliminated, the students must dribble a soccer ball with both feet around the court one time before being allowed back into the game.
- Kicks are worth one point, and punts are worth three.
- The first team to reach or surpass the number twenty-one wins the game.
E-Mail Brandon Leftridge !