view a plan
This is a lesson outline on the concept of fitness
P.E. & Health
Title – Fun and Fit
By – Robert Buskett
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 8th
- Cognitive: By the end of the lesson, the students will understand the concept of fitness and what needs to be done to maintain a good fitness level. Their progress will be assessed by teacher observation and peer feedback.
- Lesson Plan
- Introduction to fitness – What is fitness?
- Students will record in their journal what they think their personal fitness level is, using a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being unprepared and 10 being ready for anything).
- Students will be asked to volunteer to share their rating but not required if embarrassed.
- Exercise and Fitness:
- Physical Benefits
- Mental benefits
- Social benefits
- How exercise helps you:
- Can build muscles strength
- Can build endurance
- Can promote flexibility
- Can relax you
- Can help you control your weight
- Can make you feel and look good
- Students will record in their notebooks 3-5 ways they could get more exercise on an ordinary day.
- Students will discuss their answers with class.
- Did the students follow all of the rules and give 100% effort.
- Did all the students pay attention and show interest?
- Did you go over all the information you intended to go over?
- Did the students participate in the activities and enjoy doing them?
E-Mail Robert Buskett !