view a plan
This is a swimming lesson on how to float
P.E. & Health
K, 3, 2, 1
Title – Floating on Water
By – Mohammed Asim Ghazi
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K-3
Note from LessonPlansPage.com:
- This lesson has been translated and interpreted. Some nuances may have been lost or altered in the process. Do not teach this lesson unless a certified life guard is on duty.
- Physical Target: the students will obtain the skills necessary to float on water
- Knowledge Target: the students will learn how to float
- Emotional Target: the students will develop their courage
- The students run around the swimming pool moving their arms forward and backward.
- The students run around the swimming pool lifting their feet backward and pushing them ahead.
- Prepare the required tools needed for a swimming lesson (kickboards, etc.).
- Divide the students into two equal groups. Provide supervision for each group.
- Prepare the students by warming up [next] to the swimming pool.
- Students entering the swimming pool should hold on to the edge. The teacher will ask the students to immerse their heads under water and keep their balance for two seconds.
- “Now take a breath, exhale and inhale once, and keep doing that every time.
- Make sure your entire body is stretched straight and your two arms are extended ahead.”
- Tell students to act like they are swimming in the water and flip their legs to keep floating.
- Students are now ready to move on to the next step – swimming forward using a kickboard.
- Repeat each exercise several times.
- Standing outside of the swimming pool while holding the board (visualization).
- Holding the edge of the swimming pool and working on kicking skills.
- Holding the feet on the edge.
- Swimming while holding the board.
- Students will relax on the water to restore energy.
- Watch the feet movement and the straightness of the arms.
- Be sure they stretch their body on the surface of the water and exhale and inhale.
- Make sure they know how to hold the board and how to move with it in the water.
- Students learn how to float on water.
- Students learn the mechanics of floating.
- Students develop their courageous spirit.
E-Mail Mohammed Asim Ghazi !