view a plan
Kids help make a delicious fresh fruit smoothie drink here
P.E. & Health
1, 2, 3
Title – Fresh Fruit Smoothie
By – Ed Schaaf
Primary Subject – PE & Health
Grade Level – 1 – 3
- Identify a healthy way to enjoy fruit and an alternative to frozen dairy drinks.
- variety of fresh fruit (bananas, grapes, strawberries, pineapple pieces)
- lowfat vanilla yogurt
- apple juice (no sugar added)
- measuring cup
- plastic knives, plates, and cups
- napkins and paper towels
- Ask students if they can name the ingredients as you show them to the class.
- Then ask if they know what they will be making.
- While preparing the smoothies, discuss how much healthier and tastier it is to enjoy a fresh fruit smoothie than a commercially bought frozen dairy drink.
- Have students wash their hands before preparing the fruit.
- Students help prepare the fruit by peeling and cutting the fruit with the plastic knives on the plates.
- Students can also help measure and pour the ingredients into the blender.
- To make a smoothie, combine the following ingredients in a blender with the lid held on tight. Serve the smoothies in the paper cups.
- 2 cups of fresh fruit
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of yogurt