view a plan
In “Immunity Kickball,” everyone gets a turn every time
P.E. & Health
6, 5, 4, 3
Title – Immunity Kickball
By – Kathy Ahern
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 3rd – 6th
Let’s say there are 12 on a side. Teams are chosen by teacher, assigning a number to each student. First group named are kickers and they line up in number order. Other group will take places in field.
All rules of kickball apply except:
- – Everyone kicks once on the side (so you have the capability of 12 outs or runs)
- – 3 outs does not apply
- – Last kicker must yell out “last kicker” and when the ball is kicked, runs all the bases without stopping.
- – Fielding team must retrieve the ball, run to home base, and touch it to put last kicker out. Then they change sides.
- -Anyone on base when last kicker comes up, also continues running trying to score. That person is also immune to being put out until they bring the ball to home and touch it.
- -Fly ball by last kicker (caught) – still run to home
- -If last kicker scores – switch sides
Kids will at first fight you on these rule changes, but they do enjoy the game. Everyone gets to kick each time your team is up!
E-Mail Kathy Ahern !