view a plan
Here are three balance and ball activity ideas
P.E. & Health
K, 1, 2, 3
Title – Introductory Balance and Ball Activities
By – Mohammed Asim Ghazi
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K-3
Concept/Skill Being Taught:
- Throwing the ball
- Compatibility of intramuscular nerves
- Small balls
Description Of Activities:
- First Exercise — The Ball and Wands
- Three wands of wood are placed in a triangle on the ground.
- The student balances a small ball on them.
- Time allowed – 30 seconds
- Second Exercise — Catch and Throw the Ball
- Divide class into three equal rows.
- Each student in the first row holds a basketball.
- The students in the middle row hold up hula-hoops.
- Students in the third row will receive the ball from students in the first row.
- At the teacher’s signal, the students throw their basketballs through the hula-hoop in front of them to the student across from them in the third row.
- Third Exercise — Walk Balance
- A student walks from the start line to the finish line with something on his head while carrying a small ball each hand, taking into account individual arms during the exercise.
- Student learns to develop a balance.
- Student learns how to shoot a basketball.
- The student develops intramuscular nerve consensus.
Suggestions for adapting this activity for kids with disabilities:
- The first and second exercises are appropriate for students in wheelchairs.
E-Mail Mohammed Asim Ghazi !