view a plan
Here are “Ten Rules for Back-to-School Success”
P.E. & Health
5, 6, 7, 8
Title – Back to School – 10 Rules for Success
By – John Bishop
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 5 – 8
What happens when the new school clothes are dirty and the book bag is torn?
Parents will spend almost $14 billion on school supplies and new clothes hoping their children will start the new school year successfully. Isn’t there something else we can do that will last more than a couple of weeks?
John Bishop, Executive Director of Accent On Success, a not-for-profit organization dedicated helping children succeed, thinks there is a better way to prepare our children for success in school and in life. Below is his top ten list to help students take more responsibility for their education.
Top 10 Rules for Back-to-School Success:
- Use the “YES! Count On Me” words: yes, I can, and I will.
- To get ahead in school and in life — read more, learn more, do more.
- Learn how to set and achieve goals and how to use these principles in the classroom.
- No Vision = No Direction. Write down what you want to accomplish in the first four weeks of the school year. Repeat for the next month.
- Don’t find a fault; find a solution.
- Minimizing the Bummer Words no, can’t, won’t, never, maybe, and if. These six words will hold you back from reaching your full potential.
- Eliminating excuses.
- Regularly ask yourself: “Did I give my best effort to today’s activities?”
- Help others.
- Remember: Luck comes to those who work hard.
This is your life, your goals and your success. You are a WINNER!
These ten life skills will help your children develop a YES! Count On Me attitude that you can use in the classroom and in life. Good luck!
E-Mail John Bishop !