view a plan
Try “Parachute Races” for a unique muscular strength and endurance training activity
P.E. & Health
5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Title – Parachute Races
By – Eric Brock
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 5-12
- This is a muscular strength and endurance training activity.
- While wearing a parachute in the appropriate size, students race in 50-yard dashes.
- Five to six students of the same skill level race at one time.
- Every student who wins a round has to wait for a second whistle from the instructor before starting ( second whistle should be approximately one full second after first ).
- There should be five rounds at least.
- Note: It will take about 10 yards to open the parachute, so it is essentially a 40-yard dash with the parachute inflated.
E-Mail Eric Brock !