view a plan
Here children learn how to make a healthy peanut butter snack
P.E. & Health
By – Dalia
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – PreK
- Food / Seasonal
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills Standards:
- 115.2.b – K.1.B Identify types of foods that are good to help the body grow such as healthy breakfast foods and snacks.
- Given the ingredients from a recipe, the student must identify the type of food such as fruit that makes the snack healthy.
- “Today we will be making a snack to eat. You have to follow along with me, okay?
- Each group will have three people, one is going to mix everything and the other people are in charge of putting the ingredients in the bowl.”
- Have all ingredients pre-measured and ready in containers on each group table.
- Divide the students into groups of three. Remind them that they must follow along with you, so they have to listen.
Method of Explanation:
- “One of the students can put in the honey and peanut butter in the bowl with a spoon.
- Another person can stir all that up.
- Another person can put in raisins and oatmeal and mix again.
- When everything is mixed, each one of you can take an apple wedge, and with a spoon, put some on the apple and enjoy!”
Learning Activities/Reinforcement and Individual Assessment:
- Walk around and make sure that everyone is doing it right and working together.
- What healthy fruit did we eat today?
- Is peanut butter a fruit?
- Students must learn to make healthy snacks.
- Students will learn that it is important to work together and have fun
E-Mail Dalia !