view a plan
Students learn how to perform a forward gymnastic roll in this lesson
P.E. & Health
K, 1, 2, 3
Title – Rolling Forward
By – Mohammed Asim Ghazi
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K-3
- to learn how to do a forward roll
- to recognize the steps of a forward roll
- to keep the student’s interest
- Run two laps around the court with arms forward
- Arm stretching exercises
- Leg stretching exercises
- Abdomen stretching exercises
Technical Steps of the Forward Roll:
- Stand up and stretch your arms forward.
- Sit on four (squat) and face forward.
- Bend your head down.
- Roll around on your back.
- Finish it on your bottom with your arms around your knees.
- Stretch your legs forward and stretch your arms forwarding the air.
- Return to position in step (1).
- Body position during the movement.
- Arm position during the movement.
- Body position after the movement.
- Students are expected to achieve the following at the end of the lesson:
- The students learn a forward roll
- The students recognize the technical steps of a forward roll
- The students remained interested
E-Mail Mohammed Asim Ghazi !