view a plan
Here students practice rolling the ball while moving
P.E. & Health
K, 3, 2, 1
By – Mohammed Asim Ghazi
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K – 3
Rolling the Ball while Moving
- Domain Skill: The student rolls the ball while moving after it, in all directions.
- Domain Knowledge: The student know the names of the different directions.
- Domain Effective: The student performs the skill required.
- The teacher tells a story about traffic rules and the student obeys the rules and receives physical exercise for the whole body.
- Traffic Rules:
- The teacher holds three flags (
- When the teacher raises up the green flag , the students run in all directions in the playground.
- When the red flag is raised up, students stop.
- As for the yellow flag , students run in their places.
- Whoever makes a mistake is disqualified… and so on….
- Acting exercises:
- Warm-up like an athlete or a football player, suddenly running in place and stopping
- Stand like a dwarf, then like a giant – make car noises
- Shake your head like a horse (head exercises)
- Swagger like a policeman
- Throw tennis balls up
Main Skill – Rolling the Ball while Moving
- Materials Needed:
- cones – balls – hoops – flags
- The teacher or one of the skilled students performs a demo of the skill required with its different steps.
- Students distribute appropriate materials to the groups depending on the skill being practiced.
- The students perform various games and contests directed towards running with a ball.
- rolling the ball towards the wall with one hand
- rolling the ball towards the wall with two hands
- kicking the ball with part of the foot
- catching the ball after bouncing off a wall
- and so on.
- The same can be done again by changing distance and speed.
- Perform exercises to relax the body.
- Observed during the performance and expected of students upon conclusion of activities:
- The students learn how to catch the ball.
- The student is in control of themselves, even when running in different directions.
- The student carries out the skill required.
Suggestions for adapting this activity for kids with disabilities:
- In special categories, the idea works for students sitting in a wheelchair.
- Mohammed Asim Ghazi
- Physical Education Teacher
- Al-anjal International School
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
E-Mail Mohammed Asim Ghazi !