view a plan
“Please Don’t!” is the name of the teen suicide prevention photo stories resulting from this valuable lesson
Language Arts, P.E. & Health, Science
9, 10, 11, 12
By – Maricela Ramirez
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Secondary Subjects – Science, Language Arts
Grade Level – 9-12
Concept / Topic to Teach:
- The learner will create a story in Photo Story 3.
- The topic of the photo story will be “Teen Suicide.”
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills for Health Education Standards:
- 115.32b1: The student analyzes health information and applies strategies for enhancing and maintaining personal health throughout the life span. The student is expected to:
- (E) examine issues related to death and grieving;
- (G) analyze strategies to prevent suicides;
- Learners will research the topic of teen suicide and obtaining knowledge of statistics, warning signs, how to help and methods of prevention.
- Students will create a photo story in which the following objectives will be addressed, answered or completed:
- Define suicide.
- Understand how serious the problem of suicide is among teenagers.
- Name three possible reasons for the increase in teen suicides.
- Name at least three myths and facts about suicide.
- List seven warning signs of possible suicide.
- Know strategies for dealing with someone who is suicidal.
- Know what to do if you feel suicidal.
- Explain the affects of a suicide on family and friends.