view a plan
This lesson teaches how to perform an underhand volleyball serve
P.E. & Health
4, 5, 6, 7
Title – Underhand Volleyball Serve
By – Mohammed Asim Ghazi
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 4 – 7
Concept and goals:
- Students will perform underhand volleyball serves perfectly without errors.
- Students will recognize the game of volleyball.
- Students will learn the rules of volleyball.
- volley net
- Students run around the court for two minutes.
Educational steps for the skills:
- Teacher provides a simplified explanation of the skills using an aid.
- Teacher models the skill, showing the steps of performing the skill.
- Students practice the skills without a ball.
- Students practice with the ball to do the skill steadily.
Technical steps for the skills:
- Students hit the ball with the right hand against the wall.
- Students do the same with the left hand .
- Students do the same at different distances (4M, 5M, 10M).
- Students serve underhand to opposite side of the playground.
- Foot Position:
- Start with feet together.
- The left foot steps forward to begin.
- Shift body weight from front leg to back leg.
- Holding Ball:
- Hold ball in left hand, out in front of striking hand.
- There is a slight bend at the elbow and waist.
- Hand Position:
- Hold striking hand in a fist position.
- This can be done in two ways: forearm turned upward or to the side
- Either way, for safety, the thumb should be to the side.
- Arm Swing:
- Similar to a pendulum, the striking hand is brought back and then quickly forward to serve the ball.
- Follow Through:
- Once the ball has been contacted, the striking arm continues straight through.
- The striking arm does not cross in front of body.
- Cool down:
- Students change clothes and returning to class.
Outcomes and Behavioral Objectives:
- Students perform underhand volleyball serves perfectly without errors .
- Students recognize the game of volleyball
- Students know the volleyball rules.
E-Mail Mohammed Asim Ghazi !