view a plan
P.E. & Health
9, 8, 7, 11, 12, 10
Title – Volleyball
By – Louis Angiolillo
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – 7-12
Students will learn how to bump and set in volleyball.
Warm-up – Moving to music
Review – Serve. Have students serve to each other from across the net
Lesson – Students will demonstrate the bump and set technique. Teacher demonstrates proper technique, and then students will perform skills:
- 1. Students will practice the bump and set against the wall.
- 2. In a small group (make a circle), 5-7 students try and keep the ball in the air as long as they can without letting it hit the ground.
- A. See what group can keep it in the air the longest
- B. See what group can get the most consecutive hits without letting it hit the ground, and using the proper form.
- 3. At this point, you have four small groups in a circle. Using four big beach balls here is the task:
- After you hit the ball, you must rotate clockwise to the next circle. The whole class is working together to keep each beach ball in the air. See how many hits they can do before 1 ball hits the ground, then 2, and then 3.
- 4. If time allows you can get into a game
Cool down wrap-up – Students will demonstrate the bump and set in a stationary position without the ball. Clean up and walk one lap.
E-Mail Louis Angiolillo!