view a plan
“What time is it, Mr. Fox?” is a listening, counting, and running game
P.E. & Health
K, 4, 3, 2, 1
Title – What time is it, Mr. Fox?
By – Dewitt Doss
Primary Subject – Health / Physical Education
Grade Level – K-4
Concepts: listening, counting and running
- The teacher starts the game by having all of the students lined side by side on one end of the gym. The teacher is “Mr. Fox” and stands about half way from the children.
- The students ask: “What time is it, Mr. Fox?”
- Mr. Fox calls out a time (ex. 10:00 and the students take 10 steps forward).
- This continues until Mr. Fox says it is “Midnight”. At that point the children try to run to the other end of the gym without Mr. Fox getting them (pulling their flag off).
- If Mr. Fox gets their flag, they become foxes with him, and go to the middle of the gym where they will try to tag other foxes.
- The game continues with the children running from one end of the gym to the other each time “Midnight” is called as the time (only the teacher calls out the time).
- As the students reach one end of the gym safely they should stay there until the teacher tells them he/she is ready for them to ask the time again.
- Game continues until one person is the winner and that person gets to start the next game as “Mr. Fox”.
E-Mail Dewitt Doss !