view a plan
|Homepage||Unit Overview||Objectives and Key Concepts||Lesson Plan Objectives||References|
|Lesson 1||Lesson 2||Lesson 3||Lesson 4||Lesson 5|
Ben and Me
Resources And References:
- Bill Yenne, Morton, Dr. Grosser (Editor). 100 Inventions That Shaped World History. Bluewood Books. 1993.
- Davis, J. Mark. From Mind to Market, The Inventor’s Handbook. Key 2 Ideas. 1997.
- Parker,Steve and West, David. 53 1/2 Things That Changed the World: And Some That Didn’t. Millbrook Pr Trade. 1995.
- Reference books:
Classroom or school library set of encyclopedias
Internet web sites:
- Benjamin Franklin: Glimpses of the Man. http://sln.fi.edu/franklin/rotten.html
- Words of Wisdom from Benjamin Franklin. http://sln.fi.edu/franklin/printer/abc.html
- Inventions! With Wild and Wacky Games.
- Inventor’s Coloring Book.
- Ben Franklin The Inventor. http://sln.fi.edu/franklin/inventor/inventor.html
- Microsoft Corporation. Microsoft Encarta 99.
- Microsoft Corporation. Bookshelf 99.
- James Burke narrates Connections: It’s A Mind Game. Discovery Channel Multimedia, 1995.
Equipment Most Used: (please see each lesson plan for a list of materials for that particular lesson)
- Poster boards
- Plain white paper
- Art supplies
In closing, I want to thank my wife, Erika, for teaching me how to post materials to the Internet and for her EXTREME patience with my perfectionist self. I sincerely hope that this unit and the Colonization of Mars Unit will assist you in the classroom or within the home school environment. If at anytime you have questions, suggestions, or comments, please do not hesitate to e-mail me. My next Internet project is the publishing of a children’s book that I wrote. Check back soon to see if it’s up and running.