view a plan
This is an idea for making a four seasons tree booklet
Art, Science, Seasonal
By – Erendira Vargas
Primary Subject – Science
Secondary Subjects – Art
Grade Level – K
Learning objective: Using crayons and paper, the student must illustrate the effect the seasons have on trees. They will learn how the seasons change the trees physically.
Materials: crayons and construction paper
Student should be seated at their individual desks after you have given them a pre-made construction paper booklet.
- Do trees look the same all year round? Why do you think trees lose their leaves?
- Let the students make their own predictions and then explain to them how the seasons begin to change the appearance of a tree. Then let them illustrate what you have just explained in their book.
- Step 1: Tell them to put their name on the first page and
- Step 2: Draw a tree on a spring day.
- Step 3: Then a tree in summer.
- Step 4: Then a tree in the fall.
- Step 5: Then a tree in winter.
Closure: When does the tree have the most leaves? When does it have no leaves?
E-Mail Erendira Vargas