view a plan
“Taking Care of the Earth” is also a four seasons lesson plan
Language Arts, Science
6, 5, 3, 4, 2
Title – Taking Care of the Earth
By – Elizabeth Parker
Primary Subject – Science
Secondary Subjects – Language Arts
Grade Level – 2-6 DP
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills Science Standards:
- A9C: Identify ways that the Earth can provide resources for life
- A6B: Record observation about parts of a plant including leaves, stems, and flowers
- The student will be able to:
- recite the four seasons without the teacher’s help after reading Four Seasons
- write high frequency words on paper with help of reading rods in five minutes
- construct and answer questions of the high frequency words and worksheet after spelling out words with teacher
List of Materials Needed:
- Four Seasons book
- Comprehension worksheet
- Reading rods
- White boards
- High frequency words
- Word fishing game
- Word worksheet
- Pencils and white erase board markers
- Materials for making a simple wind chime (optional)
- Make sure you have enough copies of Four Seasons
- Create and make copies of a comprehension worksheet.
- Have students check and change their schedules and have them ready for the lesson.
- Start by going over the calendar together before you start the lesson.
- Have students talk about what goes on in the seasons.
- Getting Ready:
- Pass out the “Four Seasons” book
- Have students read the book all together
- Ask questions throughout the book
- Introduce high frequency words and make words with reading rods
- Spelling Activity :
- Answer questions about the comprehensive worksheet
- Write new words on worksheet
- Get white board and spell out words together
- Fishing Word Game :
- Use high frequency words and play game
- Have student say the word and use it in a sentence
- If time allows, let students make a seasons wind chime
- Have students tell the one thing they learned about the seasons that they liked the most.
E-Mail Elizabeth Parker !