view a plan
Learn the four ways that seeds travel in this lesson
Title – Seed Travel
By – Amanda Weighley
Primary Subject – Science
Grade Level – 2
Attention Gainers: Ask the students how they get from place to place using riddles and having students pantomime.
- Ask the students to look through their book and find the four different ways that seeds travel, while the teacher writes them on the board.
- The teacher will explain the concept of Tarzan words to the students.
- The students will look through their book to find Tarzan words to describe each of the way that seeds travel, while the teacher writes the answers on the board.
- The teacher will separate the students into eight different groups.
- The teacher will pass out a “seed pack” to each of the students.
- The pack contains a scenario that the students in the group will act out concerning how seeds travel.
- They will also have to tell about their seed and why it travels as it does.
- The students will act out their scenario in front of the class.
- The teacher will pass out a seed travel worksheet for the students to complete and turn in.
- When the students are finished with the worksheet they will be able to look at the different ways seeds travel in the book
Mysteries and Marvels of Plant Life
- by Barbara Cook.
Closure: Read Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney to the students to wrap up the lesson.
E-Mail Amanda Weighley !