Building Your Own Greenhouse
Materials that you will need:
1. A large glass jar that you can slide your hand into easily. The jar must also have a lid.
2. Potting soil.
3. Pea seeds–one or two will be enough
6. Measuring cup
7. A place with direct sunlight
8. Plant growth log sheet
1. Have an adult puncture (put holes in) several holes in the lid.
2. Wash the jar thoroughly in warm or hot water.
3. Place approximately 1 cup of potting soil into the jar
4. Place 1 or 2 pea seeds about half way into the soil in the jar.
5. Add ¼ cup of water and replace the lid.
6. In your log enter the today’s date.
7. From this point on, only water the peas 1/8 of a cup of water and set in direct sunlight.
8. Each day make a new entry in your log, writing down what you see. You probably won’t see any changes for a
few days, but it is important to keep the growth log up to date.
9. When you first see the seeds sprouting, place the ruler on the outside of the jar and measure how tall the plant
is. Do this everyday until the plant reaches the lid.