view a plan
In this lesson, students build a web while exploring the correlation between different careers in the workforce
8, 7, 6
Title – Career Exploration Web
By – Rebecca Young
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Grade Level – 6-8
Content: Students will understand the correlation and importance of the many careers in the workforce.
- Note cards, career worksheet, and pencils for each student.
- Ball of twine/yarn for the class.
- 1. Ask students about their dream jobs.
- 2. Discuss career planning and the different career clusters.
- 3. Have students write down their desired job on the note card.
- 4. Students tell each other about the career and why they are interested.
- 5. Students stand in a circle and create a story linking each of the careers. The string is passed from person to person making a web of careers.
- 6. Have students draw conclusions about what the web could symbolize.
- Have each student interpret (orally or written) what the web symbolizes to him or her in the world of work.
E-Mail Rebecca Young !