view a plan
In this class research lesson, students find historical quotes matching their alphabet letter
Computers & Internet, Social Studies
6, 5, 4, 3
Title – “Quotes”
By – Jacqueline Eich
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Secondary Subjects – Computers / Internet
Grade Level – 3-6
Objective: Students will use the internet to find quotes that relate to their chosen letter.
A World of Words: An ABC of Quotations
- by Toby Tobias and Peter Malone.
- 2. Computer with internet access
- 3. Pencil
- 4. Paper
- Give each student a letter from A-Z. (If there is less than 26 students, leave out letters such as x, q, z, v or let the teacher do them. If there is more than 26, double up on letters)
- Read the book and discuss how the quote relates to the letter.
- Provide students with time to look up famous, historical or important quotes.
- Have students find quotes that they enjoy or think are important that use a word with their chosen letter.
- Have the students write their letter, the quote, and the author and share with the class.
Evaluation: Students must have a real quote that goes with their letter. Students must also use their time on the internet properly.
E-Mail Jacqueline Eich !