view a plan
Here students create a state history PowerPoint presentation
Computers & Internet, Social Studies
9, 12, 11, 10
Title – State History PowerPoint Presentation
By – John Skaggs
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Secondary Subject – Computers & Internet
Grade Level – 9-12
- This lesson teaches students about the past and present situations your state contends with.
Michigan Content Standards:
- 1.1 Time and Chronology
- 1.2 Comprehending the Past
- 5.1 Information Processing –
- Technology Standard –
- Use a Variety of Technology Resources
- Microsoft Power Point
- Each student will make a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 10 slides.
- Each slide must include a picture and have a slide transition and background color.
- The slides must give details about the history of your state.
- The students will be instructed to “Be creative!”
- The learning will be measured by how well the PowerPoint presentations look and on the quality of the information on the slides.
- After this assignment, your students will have a better understanding of how to use PowerPoint as well as a better understanding of the history of your state.
E-Mail John Skaggs !