view a plan
This is an outline of an election lesson
9, 12, 11, 10
Title – Elections
By – Megan Maiani
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Grade Level – 9-12
Learning Resources and Materials:
- Overhead and markers
- Hand out KWL sheets on elections
- Ask what they know and what they want to know about the election process.
- Show clips of debates, campaigning, and an election process.
- Have samples of ballots that used to be used, pictures of machines that used to be used, and new scantrons that they are using now.
- Let everyone voice an opinion based on what they are supporting: conservative or liberal.
- Mock Class Elections
- Results of Mock Class Elections
- Students finish KWL sheets
- Survey from Students
E-Mail Megan Maiani !