view a plan
Transportation: Create a Land/Air/Water Pocket Chart Graph
PreK, K, 1
Title – Transportation
By – T Gorman
Primary Subject - Language Arts
Grade Level – Pre-K-1
Students will become familiar with various types of transportation and how they are used.
- On the Go by Ann Morris
- toy vehicles, planes, boats etc.
- pocket chart
- pictures of different types of transportation
- Allow students to explore and play with the transportation toys
- Read the story On the Go
- After reading the story, discuss where they saw the different types of transportation: land, air, water
- Label the pocket chart: land, air, water
- Hold up one picture card at a time and have the students name the vehicle.
- Allow them to decide if the vehicle operates on land, air, or water. Have them place the card under the correct heading
- Continue in this manner until all the cards are place in the pocket chart.
- Point out to the children that the cards made a bar graph.
- Discuss the data from the graph:
Which has the most: land, air , or water? …the least?
Do any have the same amount?
How many vehicles in all?
Have students draw pictures of their favorite types of land, air and water transportation vehicles.
E-Mail T Gorman !