view a plan
Civil War Unit – Unit Test
Music, Social Studies, Language Arts
6, 5, 4
Title – Civil War Unit – Unit Test
By – Sarah Higgins
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Secondary Subjects – Music, Language Arts
Grade Level – 4th-6th
True or False? Circle one answer.
1) T F The Emancipation Proclamation was intended to declare the freedom of all
2) T F Robert E. Lee led his troops down through Ohio to fight the Confederacy.
3) T F Harriet Tubman was an escaped slave who helped those on the
4) T F The only reason that the Civil War was fought was to free the slaves.
Multiple Choice – Circle the best possible answer.
5) Which one of the following people firmly believed and practiced the concept of “total war”?
a) Abraham Lincoln
b) Ulysses S. Grant
c) William Sherman
d) Robert E. Lee
6) Where was the first Battle of Bull Run fought?
a) Manassas, Virginia
b) Washington, D.C.
c) Richmond, Virginia
d) Atlanta, Georgia
7) Which of the following states had seceded from the United States before the other states of the Confederacy?
b) North Carolina
8) What battle was the official start of the Civil War?
a) Battle of Bull Run
c) Fort Sumter
d) Battle of Fredericksburg
9) General _____________led the troops for the Union side.
10) Clara Barton worked to help the injured during the Civil War and eventually went on to found the ______________.
11) Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865 at _____________.
12) General Sherman made a very famous trip through Confederate territory known as Sherman’s _______________.
Matching: Place the correct capital letter on the lines provided.
|13)_____The Vice-President that succeeded Lincoln.||A) John Wilkes Booth|
|14)_____The General of the Confederate troops.||B) William Sherman|
|15)_____The man who shot and killed Abraham Lincoln.||C) Jefferson Davis|
|16)_____Gave the speech known as the Gettysburg Address.||D) Abraham Lincoln|
|17)_____President of the Confederacy.||E) Robert E. Lee|
|F) Andrew Johnson|
|G) Ulysses S. Grant|
18) How was music used for communication on the Underground Railroad?
E-Mail Sarah Higgins!