view a plan
In this creative lesson, students make an animal and choose an environment
Art, Science, Social Studies
By – Shannon DeSotel
Primary Subject – Social Studies
Secondary Subjects – Science, Art
Grade Level – 2-3
- This is a fun way to teach your students about environments.
- Pictures of different environments
- Coloring materials
- 1. Teach your students about environments using pictures.
- 2. Give out paper and coloring materials.
- 3. Have your students make up an animal. This is a great exercise for the imagination; it doesn’t have to be like any animal on Earth!
- 4. They then have to think of what type of environment the animal would live in.
- 5. Using the paper and coloring materials, they will draw a picture of the animal in its environment.
- 6. After everyone is done, have students present their picture to the class. They should tell why they put their animal in that environment.
E-Mail Shannon DeSotel !